Emergency Medicine Academic Fellowship - An SAEM Approved Fellowship
Advanced Degree: optional
ACGME Accredited: no
Length of Fellowship: 1 year (2 years with Masters)
Start: July 1 - We are not currently accepting applications for fellowship.
Number of Positions: 1 per year
The Emory University School of Medicine Department of Emergency Medicine is offering a one to two-year Academic Fellowship. This fellowship is ideal for emergency medicine residency graduates with a strong interest in education and an academic career. It provides post-graduate training in education methods, research skills, and residency program administration. The Education Fellow will have a faculty appointment with Emory as a Clinical Instructor in Emergency Medicine.
Training consists of 4 components
- Clinical commitment: Fellows are expected to work 64 clinical hours per month as Attending Physicians in the Emory Healthcare and Grady Memorial Hospital Emergency Departments.
- Didactic component: Fellows will complete the ACEP Teaching Fellowship and the CORD Navigating the Academic Waters development courses. Fellows completing a 2-year program typically will take advantage of a Master’s program in public health or education.
- Administration: The Education Fellow functions in the role of an assistant program director and is actively involved in resident and student teaching and clinical evaluation, curriculum planning, resident selection, and other aspects of residency program administration.
- Teaching: The Education Fellow will select an area of focus, either clinical (e.g.: airway management) or instructional (e.g.: simulation) to work towards developing as an area of expertise.
- The Fellow will be sponsored by the Dept to attend the ACEP Teaching Fellowship and will be required to complete an academic project for the course.
- The Fellow will be sponsored to attend the CORD Navigating the Academic Waters course.
- The Fellow will be expected to attend the Dept of Emergency Medicine’s New Faculty Orientation and the Fellows Curriculum series.
We are not currently accepting applications for fellowship.
For more information about any of Emory’s Emergency Medicine Academic Fellowship, please contact:
Administrative Support: Sharon M. Ashley firstname.lastname@example.org